Focus and Approach
As a corporate and commercial law firm, we focus strongly on the needs of our clients and their respective businesses. Our team combines exceptional legal expertise with deep legal knowledge and creative thinking, to help clients achieve their commercial goals. We are dedicated to helping you across the spectrum of your critical business and legal issues.
To ensure that client’s expectations are met, frequent case updates are provided along with promptly returned phone calls and emails. We take great pride in representing our clients through every step of the legal process and do so with integrity, reliability, compassion, and knowledge of law.
We assure you of a personal one-on-one working relationship that is both attentive and client-centered and an individualized personal attention with a view to ensuring that you receive the detailed care and consideration you need to pursue the legal process.
Our approach as outlined is tailored to solve all your legal problems. Our strategies are based on experience, expertise, integrity, innovation and excellence and same is tailored to suit your specific legal needs.
Overview of our Strategy
Our approach is to establish close and efficient working relationship with you at all times. We will strive to be reliable in terms of our legal service commitments and to be accessible to you. Key aspects of our approach are:
- To understand your organization’s current core values, corporate objectives and policies and accordingly tailor our legal services to be in conformity;
- To establish clear and simple communication procedures, in order to expedite the decision making process, commensurate with appropriate reporting lines;
- To ensure at all times, the delivery of integrated legal services where appropriate;
- To, at least once in a month, ensure the presence of our legal personnel in your registered office for activity-review, planning, coordination and evaluation of our legal services.
We are pleased to advise that Nigerian Law requires us to protect your confidential information. Accordingly, to the extent authorized by the law, we assure you of the confidentiality of any matter/transaction entrusted to our firm; while pledging our firm’s non-disclosure of any privileged information.
Our law firm is committed to playing its full part in society by making positive contributions to the communities in which we operate. This we do by harnessing both our peoples’ skills and passions and by providing pro-bono legal services.
Our fees will be based principally on the time spent by us on behalf of the client, evaluated based on the time required to carry out the necessary legal advisory, consultancy, research, secretarial and dispute resolution service(s). In addition to the considerations above and the need to maintain a cordial relationship between the client and our firm, our fees are calculated based upon the following:
- time and labour spent by us on behalf of the client;
- complexity of the matter, difficulty and novelty of the questions involved, skills, specialized knowledge and responsibility of the lawyer;
- amount of money and value of property involved;
- number and importance of documents prepared or reviewed;
- circumstances under which services are rendered;
- importance of this matter to the client;
- customary charges of other lawyers of equal standing; and
- the end results achieved.
In respect of each class of legal services, all fees and terms are to be mutually agreed upon as a general rule prior to commencement of the work. In determining the billings for any of the above services listed under this Profile document, the primary basis is our time involvement, plus a reasonable responsibility premium; taking into account such factors as the difficulty and importance of the work, the novelty of the legal issues involved, and other relevant factors. However, we will at all times take into consideration our relationship with you for services falling outside the scope of any consultancy or retainership arrangement.
Our Debt Recovery Strategy
Our strategy is first and foremost, to explore alternative dispute resolution. If this fails, we will pursue the debtor individual or company as well as the latter’s directors and officers, from demand letters to aggressive litigation (if need be). This is with a view to seeking a lien, seizure and or sale of assets.
Our recovery strategy is innovative and result-oriented. This is best captured in the following three phases:
Commercial Credit Scoring and Commercial Credit Risk Analysis
Upon receipt of any debt collection assignment(s), all cases placed for collections are credit scored and a commercial credit risk analysis is performed. This business credit intelligence is attached to the debtor information file. This approach provides factual and critical commercial credit risk information, as well as payment pattern trends, which is important for the collection process.
In fact, we will obtain factual information about the debtor’s ability to pay and payment trends based on the past six quarters before we start the collection process. The information we gather contains payment history trends, state and federal tax lien information, pending law suits, unsatisfied judgments, Corporate Affairs Commission filings, secured creditors, collection agency actions, the legal business owner’s information, trending information showing whether or not the company’s payment trends are increasing or decreasing, and, their current risk factor.
Armed with this information, conversations are based on fact and not misinformation typically provided by debtor companies during the collection process to collections agencies that do not use credit and payment history information.
The benefit of this approach is faster payment of debt, higher settlements, and less litigation because we can determine whether or not a company will default during the collection process. It does not make sense to sue a company in financial distress with unsatisfied judgments already recorded. Knowing this, we will provide you with factual information so you can make the best settlement or litigation decisions when needed.
Segmentation and Debt Collections
Using the commercial credit score and commercial credit risk analysis, files are segmented and prioritized by their predictive payment trend and balance. This segmentation rapidly identifies companies that have the financial resources available for rapid resolution and debt recovery. These cases are assigned to our experienced debt collection specialists for the initial phase of collections through LEGAL EMPERORS commercial collection agency. Companies with medium to low scores, meaning high credit risk, are placed with our most experienced collectors as these files require a much sterner collection approach. Files are also segmented by industry and assigned to a collection team with experience in your type of business.
Experience is the key with these difficult cases as the debtors will reallocate their payment priority, pay your debt due and delay payment to other collection agencies or vendors pursuing debt to other companies. After all, if the debtors owe you money, chances are they also owe others and are being pursued by several collection agencies at the same time.
Debt Recovery Litigation
As members of the Nigerian Bar Association, Legal Practitioners at our firm maintain and partner with a national network of experienced litigation law firms. When a debt is not paid, litigation is the last step. Our in-house asset department will search for assets the debtor has, to determine if litigation is warranted. Once this process is complete, we will forward the information to you for approval.
The above approach and strategy will increase debt collection recovery percentages and reduce back-end legal costs, which results in a positive effect on your bottom-line profits.
OUR APPROACH TO LEGISLATIVE DRAFTING
Our approach to legislative research and drafting service engagement is to establish a close and efficient working relation with you at all times. We will strive to be reliable in terms of our legal service commitments and to be accessible to you. As a corporate, commercial and transactional law firm, we focus strongly on the needs of our clients and in this case we acknowledge the need to adopt an excellent and innovative legislative drafting model. Our team will combine exceptional legal expertise with deep legal knowledge, innovation and creative thinking, to help you achieve your legislative goals.
To ensure that your expectations are met, frequent updates will be provided along with promptly returned phone calls and emails. We assure you of a personal one-on-one working relationship that is both attentive and client-centered and an individualized personal attention with a view to ensuring that you receive the detailed care and consideration you need to pursue the legislative process.
Key aspects of our approach and strategy are:
- To make clear to you, or the authority sponsoring the Bill, the kind of drafting instructions, that is most helpful to us.
- To consult with your office at an early stage after receipt of the preliminary drafting instructions. This is with a view to making a precise outline of the objectives and principles to be contained in the legislation as well as a statement of the principal means of attaining the objectives and principles.
- To carefully analyse the legislative proposal in relation to existing law, potential danger areas and practicability. In doing this, we will look at existing laws to see what the structure is within the relevant State jurisdiction.
- To design and plan the composition of the draft instrument so as to shape the broad content of the intended enactment. In so doing, we will design the structure of the draft statute, like the substantive provisions and the administrative provisions of the Bill.
- To scrutinise the draft bill or subsidiary legislation, by checking and re-checking for any errors or omissions, especially of substance and against the general intendments of the statute.
- To establish clear and simple communication procedures, in order to expedite the decision making process, commensurate with appropriate reporting lines.
As your local lawyers our mission is to provide easy access to legal services for members of the Nigerian community. One way we do this is by running a free and brief legal advice consultation. We also undertake work on legal aid.
Our aim is to demystify the law and lawyers and give advice on what is troubling people. We can then offer our clients further ways in which they can help themselves or they can decide to seek our help professionally.
LEGAL EMPERORS can work with you to provide the professional legal support and advice you need to get you through the tough times and to help you obtain your personal and professional goals.
We invite you to explore this website to learn more about our services and to SIGN UP FOR FREE LEGAL INFORMATION. Our website contains a wealth of free, reliable legal information.
Get legal solution for all your legal concerns. We can help you answer all your legal questions. We encourage you to contact us today to schedule a consultation with a skilled and experienced lawyer.
If you have questions and need our assistance in any area of law, please call (+234) 080-22148248 or email: email@example.com or use the contact form right now.
We offer reasonable fees for all our services